$225,000 Recovery for Wrongful Death as a Result of a Defective Balcony
Fall from Balcony Results in $225K in Compensation
Steve Caya recovered $225,000 for the family of a 69 year old man who was killed when he fell from a balcony during a social gathering at the defendant’s home.
The decedent fell through a temporary railing. The case was complicated by the fact the defendant had no insurance and the decedent was legally intoxicated. In addition, the decedent was warned of the condition of the balcony prior to his fall. Despite these hurdles, Steve Caya was able to obtain a significant settlement by establishing through expert testimony the balcony was improperly constructed, did not meet building code standards and was not properly inspected by the building inspector. The settlement was reached shortly before trial.
View all personal injury case examples & settlements won by Steve Caya and his clients.
Here's how to take action and file a claim after tragedy strikes.
Seeking financial compensation for a loved one who was taken in a preventable accident can help ensure that their loved ones are taken care of. You don't have to be left helpless from the fallout of a tragedy.
Here’s everything you need to know about how to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Wisconsin.
- Am I able to sue for wrongful death in Wisconsin?
- Is it too late for me to file a wrongful death suit in Wisconsin?
- What is the damages cap on wrongful death claims in Wisconsin?
- Will I be able to sue for punitive damages?
- What’s the average settlement for a wrongful death lawsuit in Wisconsin?
- How long a wrongful death lawsuit takes
- No calculator can estimate your wrongful death claim