Janesville and Beloit Car Accident Lawyer
Cars are an important part of our way of life. Unfortunately, car accidents are also a leading cause of injury in Wisconsin, as well as the rest of the country. If you have been involved in a car accident on a Janesville or Beloit roadway that resulted in serious bodily injury, it is important to seek immediate medical attention and contact your automobile and health insurers. It is also important to speak to a knowledgeable Beloit car accident lawyer so that you know your rights and what damages you might be able to recover, especially when it comes to insurance issues.
At Nowlan & Mouat LLP, Beloit car accident lawyer Steve Caya is exclusively committed to handling personal injury cases throughout Janesville and Beloit. We handle all types of car accident accidents, including:
- Cars hitting pedestrians
- Accidents involving trucks
- Collisions with motorcycles
- Crashes with scooters and bicycles
- Collisions with construction equipment and road barriers
We can help you recover compensation for serious and catastrophic claims as well as assist families who have lost a loved one in a car crash and who have a legitimate wrongful death case.
Individual Attention for Car Accident Victims
Providing individual attention is a hallmark of Steve Caya’s practice. He understands this is an emotional time, and he is there to help you make informed decisions that are most advantageous to your case.
This support includes negotiating on your behalf with your own insurance company to recover on the property damages to your car, as well as your medical expenses. An insurance company may approach you to settle quickly, but it is always a good idea to get a second opinion from a skilled Janesville car accident lawyer. Steve Caya is a seasoned negotiator who can help you get the money you deserve after your car accident.
Handling Motor Vehicle Insurance Matters
Dealing with the motor vehicle insurance legal issues is a significant part of your claim. This may involve:
- Liability insurance: Liability coverage is purchased to protect you and your assets in the event you are at fault and injure another person. We help ensure you are paying an accurate amount and that the settlement is fair, and determine if there is contributory negligence because another driver was also partially responsible for the crash.
- Uninsured/underinsured coverage: This type of insurance is used to protect you if you are injured by an uninsured driver or someone who has low insurance limits that do not cover your crash-related expenses. We make sure these claims are paid fully and timely by your insurer.
- Medpay: This is a line of insurance that helps pay for medical expenses regardless of who is at fault. We negotiate with your insurer for full payment of all of your submitted claims for treatment and we protect you from insurance bad faith.
Negotiating with Negligent Drivers and Their Insurance Companies
We also negotiate with the negligent driver’s insurance company. Even if that motorist is uninsured, you have rights to seek recovery under your own insurance company or from the uninsured motorist’s assets. We have had success with and know how to recover punitive damages for our clients who were victims of crashes that resulted from drunk driving.
We are your advocates and zealously investigate all aspects of your motor vehicle claim to make sure all liable parties to an action are named. We research whether a public entity should be part of your claim if there was a defect in the design of the road or your vehicle that led to or contributed to your injuries.
Consult a Janesville Car Accident Lawyer About Your Claim
If you have been hit by a car or other type of vehicle, contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We can be reached by calling 608-531-6252 or toll free at 1-800-754-8110 or by contacting us online. Your first consultation is free and we are available for evening, weekend and off-site appointments.