Wisconsin Car Accident Lawyer
If you suffered whiplash, a concussion, or any other bodily injuries from a recent car crash, your health is drastically affected. You can’t work, drive, or participate in everyday activities independently. Your entire life is put on hold.
Steve Caya is a Wisconsin car accident lawyer who’s been where you are: an injured victim of a motor vehicle accident caused by another person’s carelessness. He understands the pain, frustration and anxiety involved in getting treated for injuries and missing work as the bills pile up. Now he fights tooth and nail to win fair compensation for victims of all types of auto accidents in Wisconsin.
Attorney Caya also knows what it’s like to be on the other side. He spent the first 13 years of his decades-long career representing insurance companies. He understands how they work and what it takes to make them pay a fair car accident settlement.
On this page:
- Car accident settlements
- Car accident settlement calculator
- Hiring an attorney
- Protecting your rights
- Tips for successful injury claims
- Filing a car accident lawsuit
- Types of car accidents
- Choosing the best lawyer
Steve Caya offers free consultations to people injured in car accidents, no matter where in Wisconsin the crash took place. Share your experience to get professional insight into your best chances of a successful car accident settlement.
Take action today: contact our law firm to request a free claim review by phone, video call, or visit.
Typical car accident settlement amounts in Wisconsin vary based on the unique circumstances of the case. Steve Caya has won dozens of six-figure car accident settlements for people injured in Wisconsin:
See all Wisconsin personal injury settlement amounts secured by Steve Caya for his clients.
we take winning personallyFree case consultation
Car accident settlement calculators can't account for elite legal representation
No average settlement calculator accounts for the additional compensation from being represented by a lawyer like Steve Caya. The amount of your personal injury settlement depends entirely on the quality of your representation. Maximize the potential settlement from your car accident lawsuit with one call to Steve Caya.
A settlement mill law firm's goal is to run you through the process ASAP so they get their check ASAP. Our goal is to help you get every penny you deserve and become truly whole again. Whether you're wondering whether your settlement offer is fair, or how to deal with the insurance company, your best bet is booking a free consultation with a proven injury attorney.
When to hire an attorney after a car accident
Not every car accident requires a lawyer. However, in certain circumstances hiring an attorney is more than worth it:
- You’ve been injured (especially in cases of severe or permanent injury)
- The crash wasn't entirely your fault
- The initial settlement offer is too low
- A loved one was killed as a result of the accident (in which case you may be able to sue for wrongful death)
If you’re not sure whether or not to hire a car accident attorney, start with a free initial consultation. You’ll get a chance to ask all your questions and learn more about your options, with no obligation.
Car accident lawyer fees
Steve Caya represents clients on a contingency fee basis (a percentage of the final settlement or jury award). You pay nothing unless and until you’ve been compensated for your injury claim.
Should I get a lawyer for a minor car accident?
If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident someone else caused, it’s almost always worth hiring a lawyer. The sad truth is insurance companies won’t make it easy for you to collect a fair sum. When your claim is handled by an experienced attorney, there are two main benefits:
- Your lawyer is familiar with the process and will ensure your claim value is high enough to ensure a full recovery.
- Insurance companies know what’s at stake in a jury trial, and will typically make a much higher settlement offer when facing a proven trial attorney.
Learn more about when it’s worth getting a lawyer for a minor car accident.
Wisconsin car accident laws affecting your compensation claim
There are several important things to keep in mind in the aftermath of a car accident. Being in shock is a natural reaction; however, you must keep your thinking sharp to protect your injury claim following the crash.
Wisconsin car accident laws you should know about:
- How long you have to report a crash
- How fault is determined in a car crash
- How Wisconsin law affects auto insurance claims
- Types of damages and how much you can claim
- How long you have to file a car accident claim
- How the law works when a government vehicle is involved
Explore all the ways Wisconsin car accident laws affect auto injury claims and how much compensation is available.
Wisconsin car accident lawyer shares tips on making a successful injury claim
In this 90-second video, Steve Caya shares the 5 things injured car accident victims should do to maximize their chance of getting a fair settlement:
Filing a car accident lawsuit in Wisconsin
When an injury claim can’t be settled through negotiation, you may need to file a car accident lawsuit seeking damages. Here are 6 things you should know before diving in:
- Is my case worth filing? Who should I sue?
- How to file a car accident personal injury lawsuit
- What is the statute of limitations on a car accident?
- The timeline for a car accident lawsuit
- You can file a lawsuit yourself - but you should consult a lawyer first
- Example car accident lawsuit settlements in Wisconsin
In Wisconsin, you only have one opportunity to collect the compensation you need to recover from your injuries. Once you sign anything – even a check – you forfeit all right to future compensation.
we take winning personallyFree claim evaluation
Get COMPENSATED when you're injured in a car accident:
- No insurance car accident lawyer
- No contact car accident lawyer
- T-bone car accident lawyer
- Hit and run car accident lawyer
- Distracted driving car accident lawyer
- Texting and driving car accident lawyer
- Rear-ended car accident lawyer
- Rollover car accident lawyer
- Construction zone car accident lawyer
- Head on collision lawyer
- Drunk driver injury lawyer
- Icy road car accident lawyer
Frequently asked questions about car accident lawsuits
If you’re lucky enough to walk away from a car crash you may be tempted to brush off seemingly “minor” symptoms. Don’t do it. Mild or even delayed pain after a car accident can indicate a much more serious injury. The best way to protect your health and legal right to compensation for injury is to get checked out by a doctor, and call a personal injury attorney.
A car accident settlement can take anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of years. It all hinges on how much money is on the line, and other details unique to your case. Keep in mind the liable insurer is in favor of a quick settlement, to minimize the amount they’ll have to pay out.
Securing a fair car accident settlement can be time-consuming, but is ultimately more than worth it. With Steve Caya representing your case, you’ll never have to wonder what the status is. He understands first-hand the stress and uncertainty clients are facing, and you’ll get frequent progress updates.
Just as there’s no average car accident, there’s no average settlement. The final amount depends on the severity of your injuries, how fault is determined, the amount of insurance coverage available, and ultimately the quality of your lawyer.
Assigning a dollar amount to pain and suffering isn’t as easy as calculating the cost of medical care. The best way to know if you can sue for pain and suffering and how much your case may be worth is by sharing your experience with a personal injury attorney.