Wisconsin Wrongful Death Attorney
Holding Negligent Parties Accountable & Helping Families Recover
We take winning personallyFree case consultation
Your life just took an unexpected turn. After you’ve lost a loved one in a fatal accident, the emotional wounds can feel too heavy for you to bear. The financial repercussions of your loss can compound an already devastating tragedy. A wrongful death lawsuit can help your family recover crucial financial damages.
Steve Caya will help you collect fair and honest compensation following a tragic accident. He fights for your wrongful death lawsuit and seeks out the resources needed to win the case.
Wisconsin’s personal injury attorney can recover appropriate damages in claims involving:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Bicycle crashes
- Pedestrian injuries
- Motorcycle wrecks
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
Wrongful death lawsuits are complex and emotionally exhausting. You need help from a compassionate personal injury attorney who has extensive experience in handling wrongful death claims. Call our law firm for a free consultation today!
Tragedy has struck and you’re thinking about making a claim. Here’s how to take action.
There’s no going back to the way it used to be. But the least you can do is take action and get financial compensation for the pain and suffering experienced by yourself, your family and everyone else touched by a lost loved one.
If you're about to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Wisconsin, here's everything you need to know:
- Who can sue for a wrongful death in Wisconsin?
- What is the statute of limitations on a wrongful death case in Wisconsin?
- Is there a damages limit on wrongful death claims in Wisconsin?
- Is it possible to sue for punitive damages?
- What’s the average settlement for a wrongful death lawsuit in Wisconsin?
- How long will it take to settle a wrongful death lawsuit?
- Every wrongful death settlement is different
What is a Wrongful Death Lawsuit & Who Can File?
Wrongful death statutes allow a representative of the estate of a deceased person to file a civil lawsuit against the person or entity (such as a company) who caused the death of another, through negligence or intentional action.
In Wisconsin, the following individuals can file a wrongful death claim:
- A personal representative of the deceased individual’s estate
- A surviving spouse or domestic partner
- A parent, guardian, or child of the deceased
- Any person entitled to recoverable damages
Wisconsin law puts a time limit on your right to file a lawsuit after an accident. Important evidence can slip away while you waste time debating whether to contact an attorney. Anyone with a wrongful death case must seek legal help as soon as possible to ensure your personal injury claim is handled appropriately and before time runs out.
Wrongful Death Settlements & Types of Compensation
Every wrongful death case is different and the types of damages you pursue depend on the facts of your individual claim. Our Janesville law firm may recommend you take legal action to recover the following types of compensation:
- Funeral & burial expenses
- Medical expenses incurred prior to the death of your loved one
- Future income/lost prospect of inheritance
- Healthcare, Social Security, & veterans’ benefits
- Childcare, home maintenance, security, & accounting
No amount of monetary compensation will ever replace your loss. Our goal is to recover compensation to help your family adjust to the new circumstances.
An average wrongful death settlement calculator doesn't account for ELITE legal representation
Insurance companies want to plug in a few variables in your case into their formula and spit out a lowball "average" settlement amount for your lawsuit. Break the formula and introduce an award-winning trial attorney into the picture. The amount in your settlement is determined by the strength of your legal representation, and there's no one else better to have on your side in a wrongful death case than Steve Caya.
Wrongful death settlement example: $450,000 settlement for wrongful death in motorcycle crash