Injured at an airport in Wisconsin? Here’s what you can do.
There are a lot of moving parts in an airport. It really is a city of its own, especially major Wisconsin airports like Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison. If you’ve been injured at an airport then don’t be fooled: you’re due compensation for your pain and suffering.
Common airport injuries
Injuries at an airport range all over the map, but most commonly boil down to:
And much more, every case is uniquely dependent on the individual. Some injuries are severe enough in the moment that hospitalization is required. Sometimes symptoms of injuries may appear several days after the fact. Either way it’s important to seek medical attention immediately if you’ve been injured, even if the injuries seem minor.
Areas in airports most common in injury-related cases include:
- Elevator or escalator
- Defective airport equipment
- Poorly maintained areas
- Retail stores & concession areas
- Baggage claim
- Parking lots
Unsafe surroundings, created or ignored by employees and employers, are often the cause of airport injuries. Negligent businesses, even if they are metropolis-big airports, are responsible for the safety of those who visit the premises; and for the compensation to those who were unjustly put in harm’s way.
Can I sue an airport for an injury?
Want to make them pay?Free case consultation
Yes! A proper case is built with sufficient evidence. Don’t rely on airports to follow up on an injury report. Here’s what you should do if you’re injured at an airport:
- Report your injury to whoever is in charge of the area of the incident. Explain:
- What happened, where it happened, a brief description
- DO NOT sign anything and check their written report for accuracy—grab yourself a copy of that for later.
- You’re not OKAY. It may be hard to go against your instinct to walk-it-off, but if you affirm you’re physically okay to store managers, then develop severe symptoms later in the day/week, the store can claim you were not injured at their place, making it harder to get your settlement.
- Take photographs of the incident location and injury.
- Have a friend (if applicable) take as many detailed photos as they can
- Take video of the scene as well, any documented evidence is helpful
- Seek medical attention immediately—especially if you’re seriously injured.
- A doctor’s diagnosis goes significantly further than your personal diagnosis in a settlement case.
- Seek legal representation from an expert personal injury lawyer with your interests and well-being in mind.
Establishment owners are legally obligated to inspect their premises for potential hazards, maintain employee training concerning patron safety, and uphold state regulations. Neglect in any of these areas may mean compensation for you.
We know you must be asking yourself, “is a lawsuit strategically smart for me?” Don’t worry yourself with that, ask one of our professional attorneys to thoroughly review your case for free and help make that decision.
Premises liability lawyer Steve Caya has in-depth understanding of Wisconsin liability law and when you can sue an airport for negligence. Contact us for a free claim review and we'll gladly come to you anywhere in Wisconsin.
From insurers to injured—REDISTRIBUTION
throughout Rock County and southeastern Wisconsin
You aren't alone. Time to lawyer up and get the compensation you deserve.Airport injury lawyer
Beloit Airport injury lawyer
Cambridge Airport injury lawyer
Cottage Grove Airport injury lawyer
Delavan Airport injury lawyer
Fort Atkinson Airport injury lawyer
Eagle Airport injury lawyer
East Troy Airport injury lawyer
Edgerton Airport injury lawyer
Elkhorn Airport injury lawyer
Fitchburg Airport injury lawyer
Janesville Airport injury lawyer
Jefferson Airport injury lawyer
Johnson Creek Airport injury lawyer
Lake Geneva Airport injury lawyer
Lake Mills Airport injury lawyer
MadisonAirport injury lawyer
Milwaukee Airport injury lawyer
Palmyra Airport injury lawyer
Stoughton Airport injury lawyer
Sun Prairie Airport injury lawyer
Walworth Airport injury lawyer