$500,000 policy limits settlement for foot injuries
Six-figure settlement secured without a lawsuit
Steve Caya obtained a policy limits settlement of $500,000 for a couple who were injured by an uninsured driver. Car accident injury attorney Steve Caya and his team worked closely with the clients’ treating physicians in order to establish the severity of the foot injuries. The expert reports submitted by these physicians left the insurer no choice but to pay the policy limits. This result was obtained even without the need to file a lawsuit.
Uninsured driver doesn’t mean you should pay
In the event of someone injuring you in a car accident with no insurance, you can still get the money you deserve. We work diligently to go over every aspect of a case to get you compensated for your injuries and your time. Contact Steve Caya for a free case review today to see what he can do for you. Our law firm is in Janesville, but you don't have to be - we'll gladly come to you anywhere in Wisconsin to discuss your injury claim.
How much can I claim for a foot injury?
Foot injury compensation payouts are calculated based on several factors including:
- Nature and severity of the foot injury (a minor foot injury will likely not be worth as much compensation as a foot fracture, broken toe or crushed foot injury)
- Lost wages including future capacity to earn
- Medical bills including treatment & rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
- Your legal representation
The quality of the personal injury lawyer handling your claim has a direct effect on the amount of compensation offered by the insurance company.
Before filing a lawsuit, there's a few things you should know.
Wisconsin operates under a shared fault law, meaning each person is held responsible for a portion of the liability in a car accident. If you weren't fully at fault for the crash, you are eligible to win compensation for your injuries in a settlement or lawsuit should it come to it. Here's a few more things you need to know about making an injury claim after a car accident:
- Yes, you can sue after a car accident
- How to file a lawsuit after a car accident
- How long after the event you have to file a car accident lawsuit
- How long a car accident suit takes from point of filing
- You can file yourself, but we don't recommend it - lawyer up!
- Example car accident case settlements in Wisconsin
Steve Caya knows first-hand what it's like to be injured in a motor vehicle accident. He also has experience representing insurance companies, so he understands how they operate and what it takes to make them pay a fair settlement amount. Don't take chances with your future - you only get one opportunity to claim the compensation you need after being injured in an accident.