$225,000 wrongful death settlement after fall
Defective balcony leads to six-figure compensation
Steve Caya recovered $225,000 for the family of a 69-year-old man who was killed when he fell from a balcony during a social gathering at the defendant’s home in Wisconsin.
The decedent fell through a temporary railing. The case was complicated by the fact the defendant had no insurance and the decedent was legally intoxicated. In addition, the decedent was warned of the condition of the balcony prior to his fall.
Despite these hurdles, Steve Caya was able to obtain a significant settlement by establishing through expert testimony that the balcony was improperly constructed, did not meet building code standards, and was not properly inspected by the building inspector. The settlement was reached shortly before trial.
It is important to note that just because you sustained damages on someone else’s property, this does not mean that you have a premises liability case. This is why it is important for southeast Wisconsin residents to consult with an experienced premises liability lawyer like Steve Caya.
Everything you really need to know about Wisconsin slip and fall law and filing a lawsuit:
- Figure out if you have a case
- Wisconsin slip and fall settlement examples
- The most common slip and fall injuries
- How to file a slip and fall lawsuit in Wisconsin
- Statute of limitations for file for a slip and fall lawsuit in Wisconsin
- You can file yourself, but it's not a good idea
Here's how to take action and file a claim after tragedy strikes.
Seeking financial compensation for a loved one who was taken in a preventable accident can help ensure that their loved ones are taken care of. You don't have to be left helpless from the fallout of a tragedy.
Here’s everything you need to know about how to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Wisconsin.
- Is my wrongful death case in Wisconsin worth filing?
- When is it too late for me to file a wrongful death suit in Wisconsin?
- What is a 'damages cap' on a wrongful death claim in Wisconsin?
- Will I be able to sue for punitive damages?
- The average settlement for a wrongful death lawsuit in Wisconsin?
- What is the timeline for a wrongful death lawsuit?
- Every tragedy is unique; there's no calculator to determine your claim
Steve Caya works with all necessary experts to build winning cases for his clients. We have a no win, no fee policy. In fact, if we are unable to deliver you the due compensation you deserve, Steve Caya will cover any court costs you might incur.