$650,000 Recovery for Injuries Sustained in a Motorcycle Collision
Umbrella Policy Secures Greater Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Victim
Steve Caya recovered $650,000 for injuries sustained by a motorcyclist who suffered numerous fractures after an inattentive driver turned left in front of the motorcyclist.
The insurance company for the at fault driver argued the policy limits available were only $300,000. Steve Caya reviewed the at fault driver’s policy and successfully convinced the insurer an umbrella policy applied creating more coverage to compensate the injured motorcyclist.
Before filing a lawsuit there's a few things you should know.
Wisconsin operates under a shared fault law, meaning each person is held responsible for a portion of the liability in a car accident. If you weren't fully at fault for the crash, you are eligible to win compensation for your injuries in a settlement or lawsuit should it come to it. Here's a few more things you need to know about making a claim after an accident:
- Yes, you can sue for car accident compensation
- Car accident lawsuit filing process
- How long you have to file after a car accident
- How long a car accident suit takes
- You can file yourself, but a lawyer can get you more money!
- Average Wisconsin car accident settlements