We will gladly come to YOU anywhere in Wisconsin to discuss your case.
Janesville Personal Injury Lawyer
Free Case Evaluation

Report a Car Accident near Fort Atkinson in 2 Phone Calls

After a crash, calling Allstate or Geico is high on your to-do list. Don’t sabotage your chance of compensation by calling your insurance company first.

To report a car accident near Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin, call TWO of the following numbers FIRST to protect your right to a settlement:

  • Emergency: Call 9-1-1
  • Non-emergency: Call Jefferson County Sheriff: (920) 674-7310
  • If You’re Injured: Call Steve Caya & Lawyer Up: (608) 531-6252
Report a Car Accident Near Fort Atkinson WI
Here's who to call after you're injured in a car accident near Fort Atkinson.
Injured in an accident? get a free consultation

Make Fort Atkinson personal injury lawyer Steve Caya one of your first calls after a car accident near Fort Atkinson. The sooner your injuries are documented and we send our crash investigator to Jefferson, Whitewater, Edgerton or wherever your car accident took place, the better chance you have of getting more money.

Car accident injuries can worsen days after the accident. Reporting injuries to your insurance company too soon or before talking to an experienced personal injury lawyer can leave you with a lowball settlement unable to cover your injuries.

Let No Win No Fee Fort Atkinson car accident lawyer Steve Caya uses his expertise to fight your insurance company for the settlement you need to recover.  Don’t accept an inadequate insurance settlement. Get the settlement you deserve.

Contact personal injury lawyer Steve Caya for advice how to get compensation after your Fort Atkinson car accident.

Do I need to report a car accident to the DMV?

By Wisconsin Law, you must report a car accident if:

  • Someone is injured
  • $1,000 or more of vehicle damages occurred
  • $200 or more of damages to government or state property occurred

You need to report your car accident to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation or to the police.

Do I need to report a car accident to the police?

If your car accident near Fort Atkinson meets the criteria listed above, you need to report the car accident to the police or the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.

How soon do I need to report a car accident near Fort Atkinson?

If a person is seriously injured or major property damage took place, you need to call the Jefferson County Sheriff’s department immediately. If the police don’t complete a crash report, you have 10-days to report the car accident.

Can I report a car accident online?

You can report your Fort Atkinson car accident online with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.

You’ll need the following information:

  • Your driver license number
  • Your social security number
  • Vehicle Identification Number
  • Vehicle insurance information
Get a free case evaluation on your Fort Atkinson car accident from personal injury lawyer Steve Caya.