We will gladly come to YOU anywhere in Wisconsin to discuss your case.
Janesville Personal Injury Lawyer
Free Case Evaluation

Report a Car Accident near Jefferson in 2 Phone Calls

There’s a lot to deal with after a car accident. If there were injuries or damages, one of your priorities is likely reporting the car accident to your insurance company. If you want to increase your chances of a fair settlement, don’t let your insurance company be your first call.

To report a car accident near Jefferson, Wisconsin, call TWO of the following numbers BEFORE you call the insurance company:

  • Emergency: Call 9-1-1
  • Non-emergency: Call Jefferson County Sheriff: (920) 674-7310
  • If You’re Injured: Call Steve Caya & Lawyer Up (608) 531-6252

When do I need to report a car accident to my insurance company?

Report an Accident in Jefferson WI
Find out what to do after you're hurt in a car accident near Jefferson, WI.
Injured in an accident? get a free consultation

If you received injuries or damages from your car accident near Jefferson, you may be able to get a settlement from your insurance company. Don’t call Allstate or State Farm yet—it will cost you.

Before you deal with your insurance company, contact Jefferson personal injury lawyer Steve Caya to discuss your situation and how to get the compensation you deserve. When our personal injury law firm near Janesville documents your injuries and sends our crash investigator to Fort Atkinson, Johnson Creek, Cambridge, or wherever your accident took place, you’ll have a stronger case against the insurance company’s painfully low offer.

Let No Win No Fee Jefferson car accident lawyer Steve Caya battle your insurance company for the settlement you deserve.  Don’t accept an unfair settlement. Get the compensation you need to recover.

Contact personal injury lawyer Steve Caya to determine the next steps to get compensation from your Jefferson car accident.

Do I need to report a car accident to the police?

Wisconsin Law states you need to report a car accident if:

  • A person is injured
  • At least $1,000 of vehicle damages occurred
  • At least $200 of damages to government or state property occurred

If your Jefferson accident meets the above criteria, you need to report the car accident to the police or the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.

Do I need to report a car accident to the DMV?

No. Report your car accident to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation or local police.

Can I report a car accident online?

You can report your Jefferson car accident online to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation with the following information:

  • Your driver license number
  • Your social security number
  • Vehicle Identification Number
  • Vehicle insurance information

How soon do I need to report a car accident near Jefferson?

If serious injuries or major property damage occurred, you need to call the Jefferson County Sheriff’s department immediately. If the police don’t complete a crash report, you have 10-days to report the car accident.

Contact Steve Caya and get a free personal injury case evaluation for your Jefferson car accident.