anywhere in Wisconsin

We will gladly come to YOU anywhere in Wisconsin to discuss your case.
Janesville Personal Injury Lawyer
Free Case Evaluation

Report a Car Accident near Whitewater in 2 Phone Calls

If you received injuries or damages from a recent car accident near Whitewater, reporting the crash to your insurance company to get a settlement may seem like a no brainer. Don’t make Allstate or State Farm your first call. It could destroy your chances of getting a fair settlement.

Protect your right to compensation. To report a car accident near Whitewater, Wisconsin, call TWO of the following numbers BEFORE you call the insurance company:

Do I need to report a car accident to my insurance company?

Report a Car Accident Near Whitewater Wisconsin
Here's what to do after you're hurt in a car accident near Whitewater.
Injured in an accident? get a free consultation

If you suffered injuries or property damages from a car accident near Whitewater, you may be able to get a settlement from your insurance company.

Before you report the car accident to your insurance company, discuss your situation and how to get compensation with Whitewater personal injury lawyer Steve Caya. The sooner we document your injuries—and potential worsening conditions—the better case you’ll have against the insurance company’s lowball offer. We’ll send our expert crash investigator to Richmond, Fort Atkinson, Palmyra or wherever your car accident occurred to increase your chances of getting a higher settlement.

Contact personal injury lawyer Steve Caya to learn how to get compensation from your car accident near Whitewater.

Do I need to report a car accident to the police?

Wisconsin Law requires you to report a car accident if:

  • Someone is injured
  • At least $1,000 of vehicle damages occurred
  • At least $200 of government or state property damages occurred

Report the car accident to the police or the Wisconsin Department of Transportation if your Whitewater car accident meets the criteria listed above.

Do I need to report a car accident to the DMV?

No, report your car accident to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation or local police.

There are also certain steps you should take after a car accident to build a strong foundation for an injury claim.

Can I report a car accident online?

You can report your car accident near Whitewater online to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation if you have following information:

  • Your driver license number
  • Your social security number
  • Vehicle Identification Number
  • Vehicle insurance information

How soon do I need to report a car accident near Whitewater?

If serious injuries or major property damage occurred, call the Walworth or Jefferson County Sheriff’s department immediately. You have a 10-day time limit to report the car accident if police don’t complete a crash report.

Contact Janesville attorney Steve Caya for a free personal injury case evaluation for your Whitewater car accident.